CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Boyfriend? Really?!?

Today, I heard something that I never thought I'd hear. Let me set the scene. I was on the computer (huge shock, I know) and Finley was playing. Our computer is in the same area as all the toys. Fin had gotten out her Littlest Pet Shop 'house' and some dolls. The doll she happened to be playing with at the time was a miniature Sleeping Beauty. So there she was sitting, playing, talking (in a doll voice) to her 'friends'. I wasn't really paying attention, since it's never really anything interesting. It's usually just 'Oh, come over and play at my house.' Or, 'What are you doing?','Do you want to come over and play at my house after school?" You know, just the basic 5 year old made up gibberish. Then, I heard it! It was the funniest thing I've heard in quite some time. She was talking to 'a friend' and she said: "Oh, this is my boyfriend, President Monson."

At first, I thought for sure I had heard wrong. So, I questioned her. She, of course, told me that she didn't remember what she had said. She was just playing. So I asked her if she had said that Pres. Monson was the dolls boyfriend. She smiled big and said, 'Yes! That's her boyfriend!' Wow! Kind of took me back. I mean, is this a glimpse at what is yet to come? I always saw Finley being the trouble maker and pushing the limits. If this is the type of person that she thinks is boyfriend material, then I think I may live to tell the tale of her young adult life. Time will only tell. Don't worry, friends (and you know who you are), I made sure that she realized that the Silver Fox (Pres. Uchtdorf) was the better choice.

I mean really, who can argue with that?

3 comments:

Denise said...

The Silver Fox gets me every time. **GUSH**

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

That's really funny! Well, at least we know that she listens in primary/conference?? Cute girl.

Crystal said...

Okay, late to the party, but hilarious! And the silver fox all the way!

Ainsley has been wandering around for days randomly yelling "DAVID O MCKAY!" They must have talked about it at church. Weird.