CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Olympics, Schmlymics . . . .

I have noticed, in the last few days, that everywhere you look, read, or lend your ear, everyone seems to be having a major meltdown of the Olympics being over. Don't get me wrong, I love the Olympics. I think it's fun to watch these amazing athletes do amazing things, but really, enough is enough. I'm good with it for about a week, then I'm over it. Maybe it's because they show the actually interesting stuff first, then get down to showing the boring stuff, like the skiing/shooting/biathlon thing. It just seems to go on forever . . .
Most of you know how I feel about the winter. So, that may have something to do with my opinion. (Although, I do feel the same way about the Summer Olympics, too!) To watch all the spectators out in the freezing weather, to see all these athletes that think doing stuff in the snow if fun - it's really just unfathomable to me.
I was doing a routine search on HULU, one of my favorite things (see below), and saw this from SNL. Now, I will admit, I do love a good Saturday Night Live skit - even if it includes people that I'm not necessarily a fan of. But, I do give mad props to Jennifer Lopez. She's hilarious! Check IT out! I felt I had to post this, just because it really captures my feeling, as well. I hope you enjoy it, as much as I did (and do). Hopefully, it's not just funny because I'm almost done being pregnant & I'm insane.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I'm totally with you. I especially love all the "experts" that never leave their couches but they know everything there is to know about skiing, bobsledding and figure skating. That being said, it was nice to see Canada again :)

Crystal said...

I LOVE THAT CLIP! The shuffle board being flooded and the country with no beaches. It's pure gold.

Krissy said...

Lisa!! I have been meaning to comment for awhile...sorry it took me so long! Your kids are ADORABLE! Your girls are little mini-lisa's, I love it! Congrats on #4. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy, I know how miserable it can get!